Hey sparkles! Welcome to SSS’s second blog party ever (here was the first!) featuring all eight summer posts in the best order possible), a ton of fun questions to start conversation, anndddd another story writing game! The comments open on Friday at 10 am EST and we will stop frequent moderating at 9 pm EST. We won’t be closing comments this time but will slow down how often we approve comments. I’m posting it early so you all have an idea as to what’s happening tomorrow! Let’s dive in.
If you’ve got homework or chores to do, it’s ok to miss this. Nobody’s offended! Go ahead and take my self-care list with you as you conquer that to-do list and feel free to borrow my study tips! YOU’VE GOT THIS!
Before we start, let’s lay out the rules:
• BE KIND. Words are powerful things. Use your words carefully.
• Please comment your name or preferred nickname, blog name, and, if possible, your blog link when you first comment to introduce yourself.
• No bad language and no debating. This is not for politics or controversy. We’re here for writing, books, Jesus Christ, and end-of-summer fun.
• We may delete a comment if it does not work with the guidelines. We will be approving every comment that is posted.
I’d also like to say that this party isn’t extremely structured but the hope is you have a lot of options of things to discuss. The theme is A Bookish Summer, so if it falls inside (or is inspired by!) that category, go ahead and comment what you’re thinking. I hope you enjoy!
Setting the Mood
Let’s begin with a playlist! This playlist is made up of clean songs with the upbeat and happy vibes of summer!
Books (and a Short Story) to Read and Discuss
If you’ve read any of these books, feel free to discuss what you’ve learned as a writer or as a reader! Make sure to grab a copy of The Star That Always Stays if you haven’t already as well, since it’s amazing.
I’ll also throw my short story in here, simply because I’m trying to include all the summer’s posts here. XD
The questions to discuss come from The Summer Tag! If you don’t have a blog or don’t want to make a full post but find a question fun, feel free to answer (or you could do the whole tag in a comment or post… it’s open!) Here are those questions:
- What your favorite summer food, activity, book, quote, and/or song? They don’t have to be very summery, just feel like summer to you!
- What is your favorite summer outfit?
- What is a funny summer memory?
- What’s your favorite thing about summer?
- What’s your guilty pleasure in summer?
- Who do you know that seems most summery all year round? Why do you get that vibe?
I’m sure you’re all wondering what the game is this time. Let me explain:
• Choose a noun in your head if you’re the one starting the game. Comment “I have a noun!”
• If you see a comment that says “I have a noun” and you want to play the game, come up with an adjective in your head.
Comment “I have the adjective!”
• First person says something like “It was only a (noun)” or “They were at (noun)” or any first sentence of a story using that noun.
• Second person responds with “She thought it was more (adjective) than expected” or “(name) was (adjective) as she used it” or any continuation with the adjective of the first sentence.
• The first person continues the story and they go back and forth until someone declares it the end or the party ends.
Now I’m going to hand it over to you all! Have fun!!!